ARTIST

ARTIST

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

Blackboard Art-


"Snow Queen"
Blackboard Chalk Piece in Beanscene Stirling
March 2013


I've recently started doing pieces in chalk pens at The Beanscene in Stirling.
Why is this a cool thing to blog about you ask? Well for one it's a really interesting way to work. I love creating something that I can change, rub away, manipulate and all together remove at any given time with no effort. There is also something damn cool about working with a new tool, so in this case chalk pens, and even chalk itself. I've worked with charcoal before and that was interesting, but my experience with chalk and pastels is very limited so it's a really invigorating to experiment with this new technique in such a public setting.

"Esmerelda Lady of Spring"
Blackboard Chalk Piece in Beanscene Stirling
April 2013
Another thing that makes this worth blogging about is the amount of exposure it is helping my work get! Starting out as an artist is hard, there are no ifs or buts about it, but you can make it easier by being out there and talking to people! This gives me an opportunity to do that. Thus far I have only done three pieces in The Beanscene, but I have met some very interesting people, all with helpful and constructive comments and compliments. The amount of fans on my facebook page has gone up, as well as the views on my etsy store (despite the fact that my etsy store is pretty empty right now) which can only be a good thing!


"Wild Rose" Blackboard Chalk Piece in Beanscene Stirling April 2013
copyright Kimberly Hagen Art
What I truly love about doing this so far is that it does help with my confidence as an artist. I can work on something, while people watch, work away and enjoy it without worrying too much. I can experiment as well, which is always fun! It's a great challenge and a way to defeat artists block.
I'm really interested to see how two of these transfer into paintings. We'll see ;)

On a side note, I will try and blog more! I've missed doing it and it does help relax and refocus my mind a little. Hope you all had an awesome Chocolate Bunny Day :D x



All artwork is copyright Kimberly Hagen ART. Artwork may not be reproduced without written consent gained from the artist in advance. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment